Brazilian playmaker to join Guangzhou Evergrande
Rio De Janeiro: Brazilian midfielder Elkeson is set to join China`s Super League football club Guangzhou Evergrande after being released by Rio de Janeiro club Botafogo.
The 23-year-old, who was released by the club Tuesday, will travel to China, Jan 4, to meet coach Marcelo Lippi and undergo a routine medical examination, Xinhua reports.
The Chinese club is understood to have reached an agreement to pay Botafogo six million euros for the highly rated playmaker.
Elkeson has made 92 first-team appearances and scored 26 goals for Botafogo since joining the club at the beginning of last year.
In May it was reported he had attracted interests from Italian Serie A giants Juventus and Spain`s Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured