Brazilian playmaker to join Guangzhou Evergrande
Rio De Janeiro: Brazilian midfielder Elkeson is set to join China`s Super League football club Guangzhou Evergrande after being released by Rio de Janeiro club Botafogo.
The 23-year-old, who was released by the club Tuesday, will travel to China, Jan 4, to meet coach Marcelo Lippi and undergo a routine medical examination, Xinhua reports.
The Chinese club is understood to have reached an agreement to pay Botafogo six million euros for the highly rated playmaker.
Elkeson has made 92 first-team appearances and scored 26 goals for Botafogo since joining the club at the beginning of last year.
In May it was reported he had attracted interests from Italian Serie A giants Juventus and Spain`s Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed