Brazilian playmaker to join Guangzhou Evergrande
Rio De Janeiro: Brazilian midfielder Elkeson is set to join China`s Super League football club Guangzhou Evergrande after being released by Rio de Janeiro club Botafogo.
The 23-year-old, who was released by the club Tuesday, will travel to China, Jan 4, to meet coach Marcelo Lippi and undergo a routine medical examination, Xinhua reports.
The Chinese club is understood to have reached an agreement to pay Botafogo six million euros for the highly rated playmaker.
Elkeson has made 92 first-team appearances and scored 26 goals for Botafogo since joining the club at the beginning of last year.
In May it was reported he had attracted interests from Italian Serie A giants Juventus and Spain`s Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir