Brazilian youngster on Juventus radar
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A giants Juventus are reportedly interested in signing young Brazilian footballer Bruno Mendes.
The 18-year-old striker shot to prominence with three goals in his first three appearances for Botafogo, including a match-winning double against local rivals Vasco da Gama Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Talent scout Stefano Paolini recommended Mendes to Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici after being told to identify Brazil`s most promising youngsters.
"He has good technical ability, explosiveness, positional sense and a striker`s goal-scoring instinct," Paolini said.
Former AC Milan star and current Botafogo teammate Clarence Seedorf is among those to have been impressed by Mendes, saying he has "the ability and attitude to succeed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!