Brazilian youngster on Juventus radar
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A giants Juventus are reportedly interested in signing young Brazilian footballer Bruno Mendes.
The 18-year-old striker shot to prominence with three goals in his first three appearances for Botafogo, including a match-winning double against local rivals Vasco da Gama Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Talent scout Stefano Paolini recommended Mendes to Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici after being told to identify Brazil`s most promising youngsters.
"He has good technical ability, explosiveness, positional sense and a striker`s goal-scoring instinct," Paolini said.
Former AC Milan star and current Botafogo teammate Clarence Seedorf is among those to have been impressed by Mendes, saying he has "the ability and attitude to succeed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Uttar Pradesh Congress cancels iftar programme, no official reason attributed behind cancellation
- China cuts yuan fix in biggest downward move since devaluation
- Amit Shah to address party workers in Barabanki
- Have you seen a bad viral ad? Watch now
- Every anti-Sikh riot victim will get justice: Home Minister Rajnath Singh