Brazilian youngster on Juventus radar
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A giants Juventus are reportedly interested in signing young Brazilian footballer Bruno Mendes.
The 18-year-old striker shot to prominence with three goals in his first three appearances for Botafogo, including a match-winning double against local rivals Vasco da Gama Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Talent scout Stefano Paolini recommended Mendes to Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici after being told to identify Brazil`s most promising youngsters.
"He has good technical ability, explosiveness, positional sense and a striker`s goal-scoring instinct," Paolini said.
Former AC Milan star and current Botafogo teammate Clarence Seedorf is among those to have been impressed by Mendes, saying he has "the ability and attitude to succeed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'