Brazilian youngster on Juventus radar
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A giants Juventus are reportedly interested in signing young Brazilian footballer Bruno Mendes.
The 18-year-old striker shot to prominence with three goals in his first three appearances for Botafogo, including a match-winning double against local rivals Vasco da Gama Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Talent scout Stefano Paolini recommended Mendes to Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici after being told to identify Brazil`s most promising youngsters.
"He has good technical ability, explosiveness, positional sense and a striker`s goal-scoring instinct," Paolini said.
Former AC Milan star and current Botafogo teammate Clarence Seedorf is among those to have been impressed by Mendes, saying he has "the ability and attitude to succeed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'