Brazilian youngster on Juventus radar
Rio de Janeiro: Italian Serie A giants Juventus are reportedly interested in signing young Brazilian footballer Bruno Mendes.
The 18-year-old striker shot to prominence with three goals in his first three appearances for Botafogo, including a match-winning double against local rivals Vasco da Gama Thursday, reports Xinhua.
Talent scout Stefano Paolini recommended Mendes to Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici after being told to identify Brazil`s most promising youngsters.
"He has good technical ability, explosiveness, positional sense and a striker`s goal-scoring instinct," Paolini said.
Former AC Milan star and current Botafogo teammate Clarence Seedorf is among those to have been impressed by Mendes, saying he has "the ability and attitude to succeed".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok