Bremen tie, Stuttgart win in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Nuremberg`s Adam Hlousek denied Werder Bremen three points while Stuttgart eased to a 4-0 victory over winless Braunschweig to close the 7th round of German Bundesliga Sunday.
Bremen gave away their lead twice to squander a win on home soil against Nuremberg in an entertaining match.
Bremen caught a perfect start in front of their home crowd as Nuremberg`s Berkay Dablani deflected Santiago Garcia`s shot into his own goal with eight minutes into the encounter.
Nuremberg were unable to find their rhythm as Eljero Elia doubled the lead from 16 meters at the 34th minute.
However, despite Bremen`s dominance Nuremberg pulled one back just before the break when Hiroshi Kiyotake overcame Bremen`s goalkeeper Sebastian Mielitz.
The visitors levelled the scores with eight minutes into second half as substitute Josip Drmic slotted home a cross from five meters. Bremen remained unimpressed and responded through Elia, who sealed his brace at the 66th minute, to make it 3-2 on the scoreboards.
Nonetheless, Bremen failed to protect the lead to the end as Nuremberg`s Adam Hlousek restored parity at the 70th minute.
It is the first draw for Bremen whereas Nuremberg wait for their first victory.
Elsewhere, Stuttgart crushed newly promoted Braunschweig 4-0 to secure the third win. The "Swabians" had to wait until the 40th minute before Vedad Ibisevic broke the deadlock by a header. Goals by Alexandru Maxim, Ibrahima Traore and Martin Harnik followed to inflict Braunschweig the sixth loss of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!