Capello does not listen to anyone: Arshavin
Moscow: Fabio Capello is an authoritarian who doesn`t listen to anyone else`s opinion, Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin said of the national football team`s new coach.
Capello`s reign started Wednesday with a 1-1 home friendly draw with the Ivory Coast, with Max Gradel cancelling out Alan Dzagoev`s opener.
"With Capello I like that he doesn`t listen to anyone and relies only on his own opinion," Arshavin said Wednesday.
The ex-England and Real Madrid coach has also changed Russia`s style, Arshavin said.
"As you see, we don`t trace out squares any more, we play a bit differently."
Arshavin came on as a substitute for Dzagoev on 59 minutes and was jeered by the crowd for the rest of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing