Capello does not listen to anyone: Arshavin
Moscow: Fabio Capello is an authoritarian who doesn`t listen to anyone else`s opinion, Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin said of the national football team`s new coach.
Capello`s reign started Wednesday with a 1-1 home friendly draw with the Ivory Coast, with Max Gradel cancelling out Alan Dzagoev`s opener.
"With Capello I like that he doesn`t listen to anyone and relies only on his own opinion," Arshavin said Wednesday.
The ex-England and Real Madrid coach has also changed Russia`s style, Arshavin said.
"As you see, we don`t trace out squares any more, we play a bit differently."
Arshavin came on as a substitute for Dzagoev on 59 minutes and was jeered by the crowd for the rest of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers