Capello does not listen to anyone: Arshavin
Moscow: Fabio Capello is an authoritarian who doesn`t listen to anyone else`s opinion, Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin said of the national football team`s new coach.
Capello`s reign started Wednesday with a 1-1 home friendly draw with the Ivory Coast, with Max Gradel cancelling out Alan Dzagoev`s opener.
"With Capello I like that he doesn`t listen to anyone and relies only on his own opinion," Arshavin said Wednesday.
The ex-England and Real Madrid coach has also changed Russia`s style, Arshavin said.
"As you see, we don`t trace out squares any more, we play a bit differently."
Arshavin came on as a substitute for Dzagoev on 59 minutes and was jeered by the crowd for the rest of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!