Capello does not listen to anyone: Arshavin
Moscow: Fabio Capello is an authoritarian who doesn`t listen to anyone else`s opinion, Russia midfielder Andrei Arshavin said of the national football team`s new coach.
Capello`s reign started Wednesday with a 1-1 home friendly draw with the Ivory Coast, with Max Gradel cancelling out Alan Dzagoev`s opener.
"With Capello I like that he doesn`t listen to anyone and relies only on his own opinion," Arshavin said Wednesday.
The ex-England and Real Madrid coach has also changed Russia`s style, Arshavin said.
"As you see, we don`t trace out squares any more, we play a bit differently."
Arshavin came on as a substitute for Dzagoev on 59 minutes and was jeered by the crowd for the rest of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama