Capello emerges as ‘shock’ contender for Chelsea manager’s job
London: Speculations in England football circles is now rife that Fabio Capello might be heading towards Chelsea as their new manager in place of an under pressure Andre Villas-Boas.
Chelsea lies fourth in the Premier League table and faces taut competition from Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle for the coveted Champions League position.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has earned a reputation of being impatient with managers at Chelsea since he took over the club and is expected to wield the axe if Villas-Boas doesn’t improve Chelsea’s current form.
If Villas-Boas is sacked and Capello takes up Chelsea job then he will be the eighth manager at Stamford Bridge in as many years.
“There are strong rumors that Capello is coming and it could be sooner rather than later,” The Sun quoted a Chelsea insider, as saying.
The team`s stumbling form has already seen Abramovich get involved personally with the club, including attending the team’s training sessions regularly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends