Cardiff sign Fabio and Jones, close on Zaha
London: Cardiff City have signed Manchester United`s Brazilian left back Fabio and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, the Premier League club`s manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Monday.
Cardiff also hope to recruit Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha on loan before the end of the transfer window on Friday.
"Fabio and Kenwyne will join training today. I have just met them downstairs and that is more or less done," Solskjaer told a news conference in Manchester before the Premier League game against United on Tuesday.
Norwegian Solskjaer, who took over at Cardiff this month, said the Zaha deal was not yet finalised.
"We hope to get that done in the next 24 hours or so, so he can be ready for the weekend," the former Manchester United striker said.
Cardiff have slipped to the bottom of the table and are in danger of relegation following their promotion to the Premier League for the first time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster