Cardiff sign Fabio and Jones, close on Zaha
London: Cardiff City have signed Manchester United`s Brazilian left back Fabio and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, the Premier League club`s manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Monday.
Cardiff also hope to recruit Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha on loan before the end of the transfer window on Friday.
"Fabio and Kenwyne will join training today. I have just met them downstairs and that is more or less done," Solskjaer told a news conference in Manchester before the Premier League game against United on Tuesday.
Norwegian Solskjaer, who took over at Cardiff this month, said the Zaha deal was not yet finalised.
"We hope to get that done in the next 24 hours or so, so he can be ready for the weekend," the former Manchester United striker said.
Cardiff have slipped to the bottom of the table and are in danger of relegation following their promotion to the Premier League for the first time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress