Cardiff sign Fabio and Jones, close on Zaha
London: Cardiff City have signed Manchester United`s Brazilian left back Fabio and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, the Premier League club`s manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Monday.
Cardiff also hope to recruit Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha on loan before the end of the transfer window on Friday.
"Fabio and Kenwyne will join training today. I have just met them downstairs and that is more or less done," Solskjaer told a news conference in Manchester before the Premier League game against United on Tuesday.
Norwegian Solskjaer, who took over at Cardiff this month, said the Zaha deal was not yet finalised.
"We hope to get that done in the next 24 hours or so, so he can be ready for the weekend," the former Manchester United striker said.
Cardiff have slipped to the bottom of the table and are in danger of relegation following their promotion to the Premier League for the first time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- World's largest pearl to be displayed in Philippines
- India, US prepare blueprint for multi-agency centre to tackle terror activities
- Actor-politician Ramya refuses to apologise for 'Pakistan is not hell' remark
- Pakistan briefs China on alleged human rights violations in Kashmir Valley
- Russia loses appeal against Paralympics ban in Rio next month