Cardiff sign Fabio and Jones, close on Zaha
London: Cardiff City have signed Manchester United`s Brazilian left back Fabio and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones, the Premier League club`s manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said on Monday.
Cardiff also hope to recruit Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha on loan before the end of the transfer window on Friday.
"Fabio and Kenwyne will join training today. I have just met them downstairs and that is more or less done," Solskjaer told a news conference in Manchester before the Premier League game against United on Tuesday.
Norwegian Solskjaer, who took over at Cardiff this month, said the Zaha deal was not yet finalised.
"We hope to get that done in the next 24 hours or so, so he can be ready for the weekend," the former Manchester United striker said.
Cardiff have slipped to the bottom of the table and are in danger of relegation following their promotion to the Premier League for the first time last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation
- DNA: Analysis of Mumbai's juvenile home sting operation - Part II
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- LPG cylinder blast kills seven in Barabanki district
- Congress support base in Kerala intact: Minister
- AFC Cup: Mohun Bagan, Bengaluru FC confirm knockout round berths
- Puducherry polls: AINRCs first list of 21 candidates includes CM Rangasamy
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel