Chelsea agree deal to sign Oscar, claims Internacional president
Porto Alegre: Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Internacional midfielder Oscar, according the Brazilian club’s president, Giovanni Luigi.
The 20-year-old, who is currently in England on Olympics duty with the Selecao and was a standout performer in their 2-0 warm-up victory over Team GB, claimed on Friday that he had undergone a medical at Stamford Bridge but would delay any decision on his future until after the conclusion of the Games.
However, it now appears that confirmation of a switch is imminent with Luigi claiming that a verbal agreement has been finalised between the two clubs.
"There is a verbal agreement between the two parties. But we have to put that on paper and the lawyer of both clubs have to discuss the matter," the official told Radio Guiaba.
Oscar joined Internacional from Sao Paulo in 2009, and scored a hat-trick in Brazil’s Under-20 World Cup final victory over Portugal.
Premier League rivals Tottenham have also been linked with a move for the €32 million-rated youngster as a potential replacement for midfield schemer Luka Modric, who is reportedly on the verge of a move to La Liga champions Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!