Chelsea agree deal to sign Oscar, claims Internacional president
Porto Alegre: Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Internacional midfielder Oscar, according the Brazilian club’s president, Giovanni Luigi.
The 20-year-old, who is currently in England on Olympics duty with the Selecao and was a standout performer in their 2-0 warm-up victory over Team GB, claimed on Friday that he had undergone a medical at Stamford Bridge but would delay any decision on his future until after the conclusion of the Games.
However, it now appears that confirmation of a switch is imminent with Luigi claiming that a verbal agreement has been finalised between the two clubs.
"There is a verbal agreement between the two parties. But we have to put that on paper and the lawyer of both clubs have to discuss the matter," the official told Radio Guiaba.
Oscar joined Internacional from Sao Paulo in 2009, and scored a hat-trick in Brazil’s Under-20 World Cup final victory over Portugal.
Premier League rivals Tottenham have also been linked with a move for the €32 million-rated youngster as a potential replacement for midfield schemer Luka Modric, who is reportedly on the verge of a move to La Liga champions Real Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?