Churchill Brothers lashes out at AIFF over payment issue
New Delhi: Reigning I-League champions Churchill Brothers on Saturday lashed out at the All India Football Federation for failing to pay them the full winners` prize money besides clearing other dues, a day after the AIFF directed the club to pay salaries to two of its players.
"The failure of the AIFF to govern Indian football comes to the fore when Churchill Brothers have not been paid the full complement of the 2012-13 Winners Prize Money of Rs 70 lakhs, with only 30 lakhs been delivered to the club till date even after at least 60 reminders to the CEO of the I League," club CEO, Valanka Alemao, said in a statement.
The AIFF`s Players` Status Committee yesterday asked Mohun Bagan and Churchill Brothers to clear the dues of all the players whose salaries the two clubs are yet to pay by December 31.
Valanka further stated: "The AIFF also owe us Rs 20 lakh as promised for fielding an Under-20 side from the 2008-09 season and also another 10 lakhs from the 2010-11 season subsidies. The AIFF have not shown the least courtesy of letting us know when the amount will be cleared.
"Likewise we would like to know to which body the club has to appeal so that the long pending over dues are cleared at once, which will also facilitate the club to clear the dues to the players as fast as possible."
Club owner Churchill Alemao said the club has always kept its commitment as far as looking after the players were concerned.
"I have been running this club for over 40 years and have treated all my players and management as one big extended family. Never have we withheld any players salary and at times have gone out of our way to help players who are in need of financial assistance," Churchill said.
Valanka assured that the players` dues would be cleared at the earliest.
"There is a problem with regards to payments of two former players, held up due to several reasons. The club will no doubt fulfill its obligation, and as such the club has never defaulted in payments ever since Churchill Brothers SC has come into existence," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital