Churchill signs Portuguese duo Amoreirinha and Machado
Panaji: I-League champions Churchill Brothers have signed Portuguese duo - defender Euripedes Amoreirinha and midfielder Hugo Machado - for the coming season.
Amoreirinha, 28, played for Benfica between 2004 and 2007 and last represented Portuguese Ist division side Vitoria Setubal, while 30-year-old Machado is a product of the Sporting Lisbon Academy.
Machado is also believed to have played with Real Madrid Portuguese star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo and the likes of Quaresma, Carlos Martins and Moutinho.
Churchill Brothers have now confirmed three of their four foreigners for the 2013-14 season, with Gabon striker Henri Antchouet being already retained.
"We are very happy to join the champion club of India and moreover to move to a place like Goa was a dream, especially with the close ties between Goa and Portugal," the duo said.
"We will do our best to help Churchill Brothers to continue to be the champion club of India and to win many more laurels not only in India but in Asia as well," Machado and Amoreirnha stated in a joint statement.
The signings were facilitated by their agent Raul Fernandes, who had also brought Antchouet to the Goan club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar