Club World Cup: Barca demolish Santos to claim title
Yokohama: The hype surrounding teen sensation Neymar came to sorry end as Barcelona proved their dominance over Brazilian side Santos with a crushing 4-0 victory in the finals of the FIFA Club World Cup at the International Stadium here Sunday.
FIFA world player of the year Lionel Messi scored a brace to help the Catalan club win the tournament for the second year running.
Cesc Fabregas and Xavi Hernandez also got on the scoresheet in what turned out to be a one-sided affair in Japan's second largest city.
The Spanish side completely overwhelmed the Brazilians by laying siege to Rafael Barbosa's goal. The goalkeeper made some impressive saves in the first half before Messi's cheeky chip over the goalie in the 16th minute opened the floodgates for the Spanish champions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack