Coentrao wants to leave Real Madrid, claims Carvalho
Madrid: Former Real Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho has claimed Fabio Coentrao is eager to quit the club this summer.
The 25-year-old full-back claimed earlier this year that he has never felt wanted in the Spanish capital, prompting rumours he could follow Jose Mourinho to Chelsea or return to his homeland with Benfica.
Carvalho, who recently signed for Monaco, believes his compatriot could well be set to move on from the Liga giants this summer - though he has urged him to stay at the club.
"I think that he wants to move on because he thinks that it would be the best thing for him to do career-wise," the 35-year-old told A Bola.
"Personally, I think he should continue because he meets Madrid’s requirements. He played well in practically every game last season.”
"He’s a great left-back, to the point where he even made a few of his critics change their opinion about him. I do think that he has a place at Real Madrid."
Another Portugal star linked with a summer move away from Real Madrid is Cristiano Ronaldo, although Carvalho is confident his compatriot will sign a new deal at the club and placed him above Barcelona`s Lionel Messi as the world`s finest player.
"Every player who has quit Real Madrid will have regretted it later," Carvalho continued.
"Cristiano will renew his contract.”
"Cristiano is a winner, he always wants to play and win and that’s why I am in no doubt that he will continue with Madrid.”
"Cristiano is a more complete player than Messi and I am not just saying that because I am Portuguese, looking at it objectively, it’s what I think."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'