Corinthians could sign Pato
Milan: Newly crowned World Champions, Corinthians could sign Milan and Brazil football striker Alexandre Pato.
The 23-year-old Pato has fallen down the pecking order at the Italian club after a recurring knee problem and is reportedly considering a move to the Paulista giants, who won the Copa Libertaodres and the World Club Cup in 2012, reports Xinhua.
Pato burst onto the world football scene in 2007 with Brazilian club International.
After initial success in Italy his injury problems have made him an increasingly peripheral figure in the Milan squad and the time may be right to seek new pastures.
Milan`s initial asking price is around 15 million euros ($19.8 million).
The Italians are looking to free up space in their squad in an attempt to sign Ivorian powerhouse Didier Drogba in the January transfer window.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe