Corinthians could sign Pato
Milan: Newly crowned World Champions, Corinthians could sign Milan and Brazil football striker Alexandre Pato.
The 23-year-old Pato has fallen down the pecking order at the Italian club after a recurring knee problem and is reportedly considering a move to the Paulista giants, who won the Copa Libertaodres and the World Club Cup in 2012, reports Xinhua.
Pato burst onto the world football scene in 2007 with Brazilian club International.
After initial success in Italy his injury problems have made him an increasingly peripheral figure in the Milan squad and the time may be right to seek new pastures.
Milan`s initial asking price is around 15 million euros ($19.8 million).
The Italians are looking to free up space in their squad in an attempt to sign Ivorian powerhouse Didier Drogba in the January transfer window.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ties will be hit if cleric is not extradited, Turkey warns US
- Dalit youth dies in police raid in Surat, locals allege murder
- Temple board firm on no entry to women between 10 to 50 in Sabarimala
- Samsung launches Rs 9,890 Galaxy J2 Pro on Snapdeal
- Mizoram: MPCC denies Kamalanagar district cration proposal