Corinthians could sign Pato
Milan: Newly crowned World Champions, Corinthians could sign Milan and Brazil football striker Alexandre Pato.
The 23-year-old Pato has fallen down the pecking order at the Italian club after a recurring knee problem and is reportedly considering a move to the Paulista giants, who won the Copa Libertaodres and the World Club Cup in 2012, reports Xinhua.
Pato burst onto the world football scene in 2007 with Brazilian club International.
After initial success in Italy his injury problems have made him an increasingly peripheral figure in the Milan squad and the time may be right to seek new pastures.
Milan`s initial asking price is around 15 million euros ($19.8 million).
The Italians are looking to free up space in their squad in an attempt to sign Ivorian powerhouse Didier Drogba in the January transfer window.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH