Corinthians, Flamengo draw 2-2 in pre-season match
Rio de Janeiro: In a highly anticipated Brazilian Football League pre-season friendly, Corinthians and Flamengo battled to an exciting 2-2 draw in Parana.
Corinthians, winners of the 2011 Brazilian Championship, sent out half of their regular starters in the first half against an entire starting squad of Flamengo, but still built up a 2-0 lead Sunday.
Alex opened the scoring for Corinthians in the 26th minute and Liedson added another one in the 45th minute.
Flamengo came back strongly in the second half, striking through Argentine Dario Bottinelli in the 68th minute and the highly-rated Negueba in the 81st minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir