Corinthians prepared to `play dirty` in Club World Cup
Tokyo: Corinthians are prepared to "play dirty" to win the FIFA Club World Cup, the Brazilian club`s coach Tite has said.
The Copa Libertadores champions will meet Egypt`s Al-Ahly in Wednesday`s first quarterfinal following the African champions 2-1 victory over Japan`s Sanfrecce Hiroshima Sunday, Xinhua reports.
"I don`t like this idea of luck. I believe in working for what you achieve, in competence and in the way you conduct yourself," Tite said Monday.
"Nobody here is going to take a backward step. If we have to break a leg, we will. If we have to play dirty, we will. I have all of these options at my disposal. I just have to choose which one I`m going to use."
Corinthians are favourites to advance to the final against European champions Chelsea, who will meet Mexico`s Monterrey in the other semifinal Thursday.
Tite praised Al-Ahly`s slick passing game and cited experienced midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika as the team`s most dangerous player.
"He is intelligent and the person who starts most of their attacking moves," Tite said of the 34-year-old Egypt international.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you