Corinthians prepared to `play dirty` in Club World Cup
Tokyo: Corinthians are prepared to "play dirty" to win the FIFA Club World Cup, the Brazilian club`s coach Tite has said.
The Copa Libertadores champions will meet Egypt`s Al-Ahly in Wednesday`s first quarterfinal following the African champions 2-1 victory over Japan`s Sanfrecce Hiroshima Sunday, Xinhua reports.
"I don`t like this idea of luck. I believe in working for what you achieve, in competence and in the way you conduct yourself," Tite said Monday.
"Nobody here is going to take a backward step. If we have to break a leg, we will. If we have to play dirty, we will. I have all of these options at my disposal. I just have to choose which one I`m going to use."
Corinthians are favourites to advance to the final against European champions Chelsea, who will meet Mexico`s Monterrey in the other semifinal Thursday.
Tite praised Al-Ahly`s slick passing game and cited experienced midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika as the team`s most dangerous player.
"He is intelligent and the person who starts most of their attacking moves," Tite said of the 34-year-old Egypt international.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match
- When Microsoft almost bought Yahoo for $45 billion!
- HC tells cops to act if offence made out against Owaisi