Corinthians prepared to `play dirty` in Club World Cup
Tokyo: Corinthians are prepared to "play dirty" to win the FIFA Club World Cup, the Brazilian club`s coach Tite has said.
The Copa Libertadores champions will meet Egypt`s Al-Ahly in Wednesday`s first quarterfinal following the African champions 2-1 victory over Japan`s Sanfrecce Hiroshima Sunday, Xinhua reports.
"I don`t like this idea of luck. I believe in working for what you achieve, in competence and in the way you conduct yourself," Tite said Monday.
"Nobody here is going to take a backward step. If we have to break a leg, we will. If we have to play dirty, we will. I have all of these options at my disposal. I just have to choose which one I`m going to use."
Corinthians are favourites to advance to the final against European champions Chelsea, who will meet Mexico`s Monterrey in the other semifinal Thursday.
Tite praised Al-Ahly`s slick passing game and cited experienced midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika as the team`s most dangerous player.
"He is intelligent and the person who starts most of their attacking moves," Tite said of the 34-year-old Egypt international.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city