Damiao poised for Tottenham move
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil international striker Leandro Damiao is reportedly on the verge of joining English premier league club Tottenham Hotspur.
The highly-rated 22-year-old hinted Tuesday said that he was ready for a new challenge, but added any move hinged on his Brazilian club Internacional.
"I can`t say much, it depends on Internacional too," Damiao said.
"Of course my wish is to stay, but there comes a time when you need to go. I don`t know whether it is that time. If an offer arrives, then we will decide."
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp reportedly sent the club`s top talent scout Ian Broomfield to watch Damiao in Internacional`s Brazilian first division clash with Coritiba Sunday night, reported Xinhua.
The London club is understood to be willing to pay $24 million for the forward.
Internacional coach Dorival Junior admitted the club was prepared for the prospect of losing the star striker.
"We have to get ready. here is nothing concrete yet but it is natural that several players draw attention." Dorival said.
"We will try to anticipate any loss by signing another player to minimize any damage to the team."
Damiao has scored 18 goals from 25 first-team appearances for Internacional in 2012.
He has also reportedly attracted interest from Porto, Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Pakistan directly involved in proxy war in Kashmir: Lt. Gen Hooda
- Beijing urged to accept South China Sea ruling
- Centre will not harm Odisha's interests: Uma Bharti
- Telangana Congress leaders stopped from heading to Mallanna project
- WATCH: When The Great Khali beat 19 opponents to win World Heavyweight title