David Beckham left off MLS all-star team
Los Angeles: David Beckham may have led the Los Angeles Galaxy to the MLS championship game but he has been left off the league`s all-star squad.
While Galaxy midfielder Landon Donovan and Swedish star Freddie Ljunberg made the squad there was no room for Beckham.
Beckham`s Galaxy will face Real Salt Lake in the 2009 MLS Cup game in Seattle on Sunday.
Donovan and Ljunberg were two of the five midfielders on the 11-man all-star team which also comprised one goalkeeper, three defenders and two forwards.
Chivas USA`s Zach Thornton was picked as a goalkeeper while the defence featured Columbus Crew centre back Chad Marshall, Houston Dynamo`s Geoff Cameron and the Chicago Fire`s Wilman Conde.
The league`s top two goal-scorers from the regular season, FC Dallas striker Jeff Cunningham and Colorado Rapids forward Conor Casey earned the forward honours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Jharkhand Maoists torch 35 vehicles in 150 days; contractors panic
- Loyalty declaration on stamp paper a symbol of slavery: BJP
- Militants kill cop, snatch weapon from another in Kashmir
- Arms training: Bajrang Dal's Ayodhya chief Mahesh Mishra arrested over charges of inciting religious hatred
- Left, Congress call for people's movement against Trinamool 'terror'