Deco set for Fluminense return
Rio de Janeiro : Former Portugal midfielder Deco is set to return for Fluminense`s Brazilian Serie A duel against Internacional Sunday.
The 34-year-old has not played since injuring his right quadriceps muscle during Fluminense`s 1-0 victory over Botafogo in the final of the Campeonato Carioca May 13.
His return will provide a welcome boost to the Rio de Janeiro club, which has been beset by the absences of key players in recent weeks, reported a source.
Fluminense coach Abel Braga revealed Deco`s midfielder partner Wellington Nem could also play against International. The 20-year-old has been with Brazil`s national team for a series of friendlies in the US and is due to return to Rio Sunday morning.
"Deco is a certainty," Braga said. "We are going to simulate a match situation during training Friday so that he is in the best possible condition for Sunday."
"We will see how (Wellington) Nem is feeling on the day of the game but the plan is for him to be with the team."
Fluminense has drawn its past two matches after beginning the Brazilian championship with a victory over Corinthians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay