Denilson parts ways with Arsenal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil midfielder Denilson has rescinded his contract with Arsenal, his agent Alexandre Soares said.
The 25-year-old has spent the past two seasons on loan at Brazilian club Sao Paulo and is now seeking offers from other clubs.
"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares said Monday.
"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him. I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them."
Denilson made 96 first-team appearances for Arsenal and scored seven goals after making his debut in October 2006.
His loan contract with Sao Paulo is due to expire at the end of June and the club is yet to indicate if it will offer the player a permanent deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday