Denilson parts ways with Arsenal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil midfielder Denilson has rescinded his contract with Arsenal, his agent Alexandre Soares said.
The 25-year-old has spent the past two seasons on loan at Brazilian club Sao Paulo and is now seeking offers from other clubs.
"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares said Monday.
"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him. I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them."
Denilson made 96 first-team appearances for Arsenal and scored seven goals after making his debut in October 2006.
His loan contract with Sao Paulo is due to expire at the end of June and the club is yet to indicate if it will offer the player a permanent deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe