Denilson parts ways with Arsenal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil midfielder Denilson has rescinded his contract with Arsenal, his agent Alexandre Soares said.
The 25-year-old has spent the past two seasons on loan at Brazilian club Sao Paulo and is now seeking offers from other clubs.
"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares said Monday.
"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him. I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them."
Denilson made 96 first-team appearances for Arsenal and scored seven goals after making his debut in October 2006.
His loan contract with Sao Paulo is due to expire at the end of June and the club is yet to indicate if it will offer the player a permanent deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death