Denilson parts ways with Arsenal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil midfielder Denilson has rescinded his contract with Arsenal, his agent Alexandre Soares said.
The 25-year-old has spent the past two seasons on loan at Brazilian club Sao Paulo and is now seeking offers from other clubs.
"I can confirm Denilson and Arsenal have agreed to terminate his contract at the end of this month," Soares said Monday.
"Denilson is free to move to another club and a number of clubs are interested in him. I do not want to name teams, but there is interest from Brazil as well as Russia, Italy, Germany and Turkey and I am talking to them."
Denilson made 96 first-team appearances for Arsenal and scored seven goals after making his debut in October 2006.
His loan contract with Sao Paulo is due to expire at the end of June and the club is yet to indicate if it will offer the player a permanent deal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday