Depleted Dempo take on Arrows on Saturday
Vasco: Already out of the title race, defending champions Dempo SC would look to finish among the top three when they face Pailan Arrows in the 23rd round of the I-League football tournament to be at Tilak Maidan Stadium on Saturday.
Dempo lost their chance to defend the title after suffering four defeats and are far behind table topper Churchill Brothers in the standings.
With 35 points in its kitty from 22 matches, Dempo find itself in the fourth position in the league standings.
Dempo coach Armando Colaco attributed their poor performance in the last six matches to injuries and controveries.
To add to their woes, Dempo`s foreign recruits either have not performed consistently or have been relegated to the sideline due to injuries.
However, come tomorrow Dempo, who have the advantage of playing at home, will be looking to return to winning ways against Pailan Arrows, who are languishing at the 12th place with 20 points from 21 matches.
The AIFF development side, who will be playing their first match at Tilak Maidan this season, have put up good performance in the past against top teams and will be eager to demonstrate the same against Dempo on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot