Depleted Dempo take on Arrows on Saturday
Vasco: Already out of the title race, defending champions Dempo SC would look to finish among the top three when they face Pailan Arrows in the 23rd round of the I-League football tournament to be at Tilak Maidan Stadium on Saturday.
Dempo lost their chance to defend the title after suffering four defeats and are far behind table topper Churchill Brothers in the standings.
With 35 points in its kitty from 22 matches, Dempo find itself in the fourth position in the league standings.
Dempo coach Armando Colaco attributed their poor performance in the last six matches to injuries and controveries.
To add to their woes, Dempo`s foreign recruits either have not performed consistently or have been relegated to the sideline due to injuries.
However, come tomorrow Dempo, who have the advantage of playing at home, will be looking to return to winning ways against Pailan Arrows, who are languishing at the 12th place with 20 points from 21 matches.
The AIFF development side, who will be playing their first match at Tilak Maidan this season, have put up good performance in the past against top teams and will be eager to demonstrate the same against Dempo on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC