Diarra denies money main motive for Anzhi move
Moscow: New Anzhi Makhachkala signing Lassana Diarra has denied his move from Real Madrid football club was motivated by money.
Anzhi announced the transfer of the 27-year-old French international midfielder last week, the big-spending club`s highest-profile signing of the summer.
Neither Anzhi nor Real has disclosed the value of the transfer, though Spanish media have reported a sum of 5 million euros.
"I earn quite a lot. I`ve earned a lot of money before," Diarra said at his official unveiling at RIA Novosti Monday.
"But if you want, come to one of my matches and take a look at how I play, how I give my all. At these games I`ll show all my qualities, then you will be able to say why I came here."
Diarra has signed a three-year deal at Anzhi with the option of a further year.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court asks CBI to begin arguments on framing of charges
- 21kg tumor removed from 61-year-old man at Gurgaon hospital
- `Very difficult` for Bastian Schweinsteiger to play at Manchester United: Jose Mourinho
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests