Diarra denies money main motive for Anzhi move
Moscow: New Anzhi Makhachkala signing Lassana Diarra has denied his move from Real Madrid football club was motivated by money.
Anzhi announced the transfer of the 27-year-old French international midfielder last week, the big-spending club`s highest-profile signing of the summer.
Neither Anzhi nor Real has disclosed the value of the transfer, though Spanish media have reported a sum of 5 million euros.
"I earn quite a lot. I`ve earned a lot of money before," Diarra said at his official unveiling at RIA Novosti Monday.
"But if you want, come to one of my matches and take a look at how I play, how I give my all. At these games I`ll show all my qualities, then you will be able to say why I came here."
Diarra has signed a three-year deal at Anzhi with the option of a further year.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das