Diarra denies money main motive for Anzhi move
Moscow: New Anzhi Makhachkala signing Lassana Diarra has denied his move from Real Madrid football club was motivated by money.
Anzhi announced the transfer of the 27-year-old French international midfielder last week, the big-spending club`s highest-profile signing of the summer.
Neither Anzhi nor Real has disclosed the value of the transfer, though Spanish media have reported a sum of 5 million euros.
"I earn quite a lot. I`ve earned a lot of money before," Diarra said at his official unveiling at RIA Novosti Monday.
"But if you want, come to one of my matches and take a look at how I play, how I give my all. At these games I`ll show all my qualities, then you will be able to say why I came here."
Diarra has signed a three-year deal at Anzhi with the option of a further year.
Diarra, 27, switched to Real in 2008 from Portsmouth, but failed to become a regular starter, making 117 appearances and scoring four goals since then.
A French international since 2007, he has made 28 appearances but is yet to score a goal for the national team. Injury kept him out of Euro 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan