Donovan helps US into fifth straight Gold Cup final
Washington: Veteran striker Landon Donovan scored twice and set up a goal to help the US beat Honduras 3-1 at the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup semifinal.
Donovan set up teammate Eddie Johnson with a brilliant pass, and the attacker powered a shot in the 11th minute to take a 1-0 lead Wednesday.
Donovan scored his first goal in the 27th minute, extending the lead to 2-0. Honduras saw some hope when Nery Medina pulled one back in 52nd minute, but Donovan`s third a minute later quashed any doubts of a US win.
Donovan has scored five goals and seven assists in the tournament.
"It`s the most relaxed I`ve felt," Donovan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video