Dorival named new Vasco coach
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama have named Dorival Junior as the club`s new coach following the resignation of Paulo Autuori.
Dorival will be officially presented to the media at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, reports Xinhua.
His appointment comes a day after Autuori quit the club, citing "serious" administrative problems and constant wage delays.
Dorival coached Vasco in 2009 and guided the club back to Brazil`s top-flight after relegation in 2008.
He has since coached Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Internacional and Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo, who sacked the 51-year-old in March after he refused a pay cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO