Dorival named new Vasco coach
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama have named Dorival Junior as the club`s new coach following the resignation of Paulo Autuori.
Dorival will be officially presented to the media at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, reports Xinhua.
His appointment comes a day after Autuori quit the club, citing "serious" administrative problems and constant wage delays.
Dorival coached Vasco in 2009 and guided the club back to Brazil`s top-flight after relegation in 2008.
He has since coached Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Internacional and Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo, who sacked the 51-year-old in March after he refused a pay cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why