Dorival named new Vasco coach
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama have named Dorival Junior as the club`s new coach following the resignation of Paulo Autuori.
Dorival will be officially presented to the media at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, reports Xinhua.
His appointment comes a day after Autuori quit the club, citing "serious" administrative problems and constant wage delays.
Dorival coached Vasco in 2009 and guided the club back to Brazil`s top-flight after relegation in 2008.
He has since coached Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Internacional and Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo, who sacked the 51-year-old in March after he refused a pay cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal