Dorival named new Vasco coach
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama have named Dorival Junior as the club`s new coach following the resignation of Paulo Autuori.
Dorival will be officially presented to the media at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, reports Xinhua.
His appointment comes a day after Autuori quit the club, citing "serious" administrative problems and constant wage delays.
Dorival coached Vasco in 2009 and guided the club back to Brazil`s top-flight after relegation in 2008.
He has since coached Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Internacional and Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo, who sacked the 51-year-old in March after he refused a pay cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly