Dorival named new Vasco coach
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian soccer club Vasco da Gama have named Dorival Junior as the club`s new coach following the resignation of Paulo Autuori.
Dorival will be officially presented to the media at Vasco`s Sao Januario headquarters in Rio de Janeiro Thursday, reports Xinhua.
His appointment comes a day after Autuori quit the club, citing "serious" administrative problems and constant wage delays.
Dorival coached Vasco in 2009 and guided the club back to Brazil`s top-flight after relegation in 2008.
He has since coached Santos, Atletico Mineiro, Internacional and Rio de Janeiro giants Flamengo, who sacked the 51-year-old in March after he refused a pay cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred