Dunga interested in bringing Robinho back to Brazil
Brazil: The former Selecao coach admitted his interest in signing the AC Milan forward this summer.
Dunga has reached out to AC Milan forward Robinho in an attempt to get him to sign with Internacional this summer.
The Rossoneri attacker has been rumoured to be leaving the club for a while now, with a return home to his homeland the expected scenario.
"He’s a different player and many clubs have been following him long enough to try to bring him back to Brazil," said Dunga.
"I was asked to make an inquiry. I`ve got the contacts who work with Robinho, passed them on towards my contacts to see which setting appeals to him.
"He has shown interest, but it depends on certain situations. The lawyer and his father will decide for him."
Many players have elected to leave Europe and return to Brazil to play lately, while the likes of Neymar and Leandrio Damiao have shown reluctance to leave, and Dunga offers his reasoning behind this trend.
"This is the right time because many players are willing to return to Brazil for economic reasons," he said. "The country is very good and also the World Cup will be here next year.
"Exposure also increases playing for Brazil. Inter have a very good structure and excellent working conditions."
"Another factor that weighs heavily in the clubs of Rio Grande do Sul is that there no delay with payments and fulfilment of what was promised [in contracts] from the beginning."
Robinho has scored just two goals for Milan this campaign and struggled for playing time with the emergence of Stephen El Shaarawy and the winter signing of Mario Balotelli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore