Dynamo Kiev rehire Russian coach Semin
Kiev: Dynamo Kiev have rehired the Russian coach Yuri Semin who took them to their last league title in 2009, the Ukrainian Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Semin replaces former Ukraine, Dynamo and Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny, who was named the club`s caretaker coach in October following the resignation of Valery Gazzayev.
In his first spell with the club between 2008-09, Semin guided Dynamo to their 13th league title but lost to their arch-rivals Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi-finals.
"We have agreed all the details of my work here," Semin, who was sacked by Russian Premier League side Lokomotiv Moscow last month after a disappointing season, told local media.
"Signing a contract is a pure formality," added the 63-year-old, who will be officially unveiled as Dynamo coach on Friday.
At the midway point of the season Dynamo lie in second, twelve points behind leaders and champions Shakhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok