Dynamo Kiev rehire Russian coach Semin
Kiev: Dynamo Kiev have rehired the Russian coach Yuri Semin who took them to their last league title in 2009, the Ukrainian Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Semin replaces former Ukraine, Dynamo and Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny, who was named the club`s caretaker coach in October following the resignation of Valery Gazzayev.
In his first spell with the club between 2008-09, Semin guided Dynamo to their 13th league title but lost to their arch-rivals Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi-finals.
"We have agreed all the details of my work here," Semin, who was sacked by Russian Premier League side Lokomotiv Moscow last month after a disappointing season, told local media.
"Signing a contract is a pure formality," added the 63-year-old, who will be officially unveiled as Dynamo coach on Friday.
At the midway point of the season Dynamo lie in second, twelve points behind leaders and champions Shakhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly