Dynamo Kiev rehire Russian coach Semin
Kiev: Dynamo Kiev have rehired the Russian coach Yuri Semin who took them to their last league title in 2009, the Ukrainian Premier League club said on Wednesday.
Semin replaces former Ukraine, Dynamo and Arsenal defender Oleg Luzhny, who was named the club`s caretaker coach in October following the resignation of Valery Gazzayev.
In his first spell with the club between 2008-09, Semin guided Dynamo to their 13th league title but lost to their arch-rivals Shakhtar Donetsk in the UEFA Cup semi-finals.
"We have agreed all the details of my work here," Semin, who was sacked by Russian Premier League side Lokomotiv Moscow last month after a disappointing season, told local media.
"Signing a contract is a pure formality," added the 63-year-old, who will be officially unveiled as Dynamo coach on Friday.
At the midway point of the season Dynamo lie in second, twelve points behind leaders and champions Shakhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside