Emmanuel Adebayor reveals Villas-Boas row
`London: Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed how he had a blazing row with the club`s former manager Andre Villas-Boas in front of the rest of the team.
Villas-Boas was sacked by Tottenham in December following a poor run of results and Togo star Adebayor admits he wasn`t unhappy to see him go.
Adebayor didn`t agree with Villas-Boas`s tactics and made his point to the Portuguese coach during a training session.
The 29-year-old was exiled from the Tottenham team as a result, but he has returned to the starting line-up under new boss Tim Sherwood and scored six goals in 10 matches
"Don`t get me wrong, he brought his ideas and I told him: `Your ideas will not help the team`," Adebayor told Barclays Premier League World on Sky Sports 4.
"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it`s supposed to be.
"I told him one v one and he didn`t want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.
"Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it was a good one, maybe it was a bad one. I don`t know, but I spoke my mind."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOW! This video of Andhra actor singing Allah, Allah fires up the internet – WATCH viral video
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani