Emmanuel Adebayor reveals Villas-Boas row
`London: Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed how he had a blazing row with the club`s former manager Andre Villas-Boas in front of the rest of the team.
Villas-Boas was sacked by Tottenham in December following a poor run of results and Togo star Adebayor admits he wasn`t unhappy to see him go.
Adebayor didn`t agree with Villas-Boas`s tactics and made his point to the Portuguese coach during a training session.
The 29-year-old was exiled from the Tottenham team as a result, but he has returned to the starting line-up under new boss Tim Sherwood and scored six goals in 10 matches
"Don`t get me wrong, he brought his ideas and I told him: `Your ideas will not help the team`," Adebayor told Barclays Premier League World on Sky Sports 4.
"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it`s supposed to be.
"I told him one v one and he didn`t want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.
"Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it was a good one, maybe it was a bad one. I don`t know, but I spoke my mind."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees