Emmanuel Adebayor reveals Villas-Boas row
`London: Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed how he had a blazing row with the club`s former manager Andre Villas-Boas in front of the rest of the team.
Villas-Boas was sacked by Tottenham in December following a poor run of results and Togo star Adebayor admits he wasn`t unhappy to see him go.
Adebayor didn`t agree with Villas-Boas`s tactics and made his point to the Portuguese coach during a training session.
The 29-year-old was exiled from the Tottenham team as a result, but he has returned to the starting line-up under new boss Tim Sherwood and scored six goals in 10 matches
"Don`t get me wrong, he brought his ideas and I told him: `Your ideas will not help the team`," Adebayor told Barclays Premier League World on Sky Sports 4.
"I have had a chance to play for a lot of top clubs in my career and I know how it`s supposed to be.
"I told him one v one and he didn`t want to listen, and then I told him in front of the group.
"Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it was a good one, maybe it was a bad one. I don`t know, but I spoke my mind."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3