Esteghlal beats Al-Hilal in AFC Champions League
Tehran: Iran`s Esteghlal beat Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia 2-1 in Group D of the 2013 AFC Champions League.
In the match held at Riyadh Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium on Wednesday, two goals by the visitors in the final 10 minutes helped them come from behind and sneak past the hosts.
After three rounds of matches, Esteghlal moved to the top of Group D with seven points, one ahead of Al-Ain and four in front of Al-Hilal.
Esteghlal and Al-Hilal will meet again in the return match at Tehran`s Azadi Stadium next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US