Esteghlal beats Al-Hilal in AFC Champions League
Tehran: Iran`s Esteghlal beat Al-Hilal of Saudi Arabia 2-1 in Group D of the 2013 AFC Champions League.
In the match held at Riyadh Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium on Wednesday, two goals by the visitors in the final 10 minutes helped them come from behind and sneak past the hosts.
After three rounds of matches, Esteghlal moved to the top of Group D with seven points, one ahead of Al-Ain and four in front of Al-Hilal.
Esteghlal and Al-Hilal will meet again in the return match at Tehran`s Azadi Stadium next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez