Chancellor Angela Merkel is German football team’s ‘lucky charm’ at Euros!
London: Germany is hoping that their “lucky charm”, Chancellor Angela Merkel, will inspire them to victory tomorrow against Greece in the quarter-finals of the Euro 2012.
Merkel, who will travel to see Germany`s European Championship quarterfinal match against Greece, a game that brings together nations at opposite ends of Europe`s debt crisis, hopes the match will be "very fair”.
“She is our lucky charm,” the Daily Express quoted a team spokesman, as saying.
Merkel went to the 2010 World Cup and a Euro 2012 qualifier against Turkey, when she was photographed with a shirtless Mesut Ozil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?