Chancellor Angela Merkel is German football team’s ‘lucky charm’ at Euros!
London: Germany is hoping that their “lucky charm”, Chancellor Angela Merkel, will inspire them to victory tomorrow against Greece in the quarter-finals of the Euro 2012.
Merkel, who will travel to see Germany`s European Championship quarterfinal match against Greece, a game that brings together nations at opposite ends of Europe`s debt crisis, hopes the match will be "very fair”.
“She is our lucky charm,” the Daily Express quoted a team spokesman, as saying.
Merkel went to the 2010 World Cup and a Euro 2012 qualifier against Turkey, when she was photographed with a shirtless Mesut Ozil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding
- Shiv Sena slams Centre's U-turn on Hurriyat, says BJP govt acting like a 'chameleon'
- Sensing tool 'SpiroCall' can measure your lung function over phone call
- WATCH & solve this IPL mystery - What's the connection between Zaheer Khan, Chris Morris and ‘Porcupine’?