Chancellor Angela Merkel is German football team’s ‘lucky charm’ at Euros!
London: Germany is hoping that their “lucky charm”, Chancellor Angela Merkel, will inspire them to victory tomorrow against Greece in the quarter-finals of the Euro 2012.
Merkel, who will travel to see Germany`s European Championship quarterfinal match against Greece, a game that brings together nations at opposite ends of Europe`s debt crisis, hopes the match will be "very fair”.
“She is our lucky charm,” the Daily Express quoted a team spokesman, as saying.
Merkel went to the 2010 World Cup and a Euro 2012 qualifier against Turkey, when she was photographed with a shirtless Mesut Ozil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?