Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal can beat Germany
Madrid: Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Portugal can defeat Germany in their Euro 2012 opener.
Die Mannschaft sent Portugal packing at Euro 2008 and are one of the favourites in Poland and Ukraine, but Ronaldo refused to write off the Seleccao`s chances against Joachim Low`s men in the first group game.
"I am looking forward to the tournament, we will have a few days to prepare for it," he said.
"The coach knows better than anyone what to do. We will have 20 days to prepare for the first game, so we will have enough time to set up the tactics to beat Germany."
After the match against Germany on June 9, Portugal will take on Denmark (June 13) and Netherlands (June 17).
The Euro 2004 runners-up, whose pre-Euro training base is located in Obidos, will play friendlies against Macedonia and Turkey before flying out to Opalenica, in Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali