Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal can beat Germany
Madrid: Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Portugal can defeat Germany in their Euro 2012 opener.
Die Mannschaft sent Portugal packing at Euro 2008 and are one of the favourites in Poland and Ukraine, but Ronaldo refused to write off the Seleccao`s chances against Joachim Low`s men in the first group game.
"I am looking forward to the tournament, we will have a few days to prepare for it," he said.
"The coach knows better than anyone what to do. We will have 20 days to prepare for the first game, so we will have enough time to set up the tactics to beat Germany."
After the match against Germany on June 9, Portugal will take on Denmark (June 13) and Netherlands (June 17).
The Euro 2004 runners-up, whose pre-Euro training base is located in Obidos, will play friendlies against Macedonia and Turkey before flying out to Opalenica, in Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?