Cristiano Ronaldo: Portugal can beat Germany
Madrid: Real Madrid attacker Cristiano Ronaldo believes that Portugal can defeat Germany in their Euro 2012 opener.
Die Mannschaft sent Portugal packing at Euro 2008 and are one of the favourites in Poland and Ukraine, but Ronaldo refused to write off the Seleccao`s chances against Joachim Low`s men in the first group game.
"I am looking forward to the tournament, we will have a few days to prepare for it," he said.
"The coach knows better than anyone what to do. We will have 20 days to prepare for the first game, so we will have enough time to set up the tactics to beat Germany."
After the match against Germany on June 9, Portugal will take on Denmark (June 13) and Netherlands (June 17).
The Euro 2004 runners-up, whose pre-Euro training base is located in Obidos, will play friendlies against Macedonia and Turkey before flying out to Opalenica, in Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor