Euro Cup: Ukraine coach slams fans for jeering own team
Donetsk (Ukraine): Ukrainian fans should take some lessons from the positive attitude of Irish supporters instead of jeering their own team, Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin has said.
Ukraine lost 2-0 to France on Friday, and elements of the home support booed and whistled at the Euro 2012 co-hosts in the second half.
"I didn`t like the fans` behaviour. In the first half, they supported us and in the second they whistled at us," Blokhin said.
"Yes, we lost, but weren`t the lads fighting and battling?"
Irish fans who supported their team, and sang to the end of a 4-0 defeat to Spain Thursday, set a better example than the Ukrainian supporters` negative approach, Blokhin said.
"It`s nothing to be proud of. You saw yesterday (Thursday) how the Irish fans supported their team to the end of the match when they were thrashed by the Spaniards."
Ukraine has three points from two games and requires a win against England Tuesday to reach the knockout stages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30