Euro Cup: Ukraine coach slams fans for jeering own team
Donetsk (Ukraine): Ukrainian fans should take some lessons from the positive attitude of Irish supporters instead of jeering their own team, Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin has said.
Ukraine lost 2-0 to France on Friday, and elements of the home support booed and whistled at the Euro 2012 co-hosts in the second half.
"I didn`t like the fans` behaviour. In the first half, they supported us and in the second they whistled at us," Blokhin said.
"Yes, we lost, but weren`t the lads fighting and battling?"
Irish fans who supported their team, and sang to the end of a 4-0 defeat to Spain Thursday, set a better example than the Ukrainian supporters` negative approach, Blokhin said.
"It`s nothing to be proud of. You saw yesterday (Thursday) how the Irish fans supported their team to the end of the match when they were thrashed by the Spaniards."
Ukraine has three points from two games and requires a win against England Tuesday to reach the knockout stages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder