Euro Cup: Ukraine coach slams fans for jeering own team
Donetsk (Ukraine): Ukrainian fans should take some lessons from the positive attitude of Irish supporters instead of jeering their own team, Ukraine coach Oleg Blokhin has said.
Ukraine lost 2-0 to France on Friday, and elements of the home support booed and whistled at the Euro 2012 co-hosts in the second half.
"I didn`t like the fans` behaviour. In the first half, they supported us and in the second they whistled at us," Blokhin said.
"Yes, we lost, but weren`t the lads fighting and battling?"
Irish fans who supported their team, and sang to the end of a 4-0 defeat to Spain Thursday, set a better example than the Ukrainian supporters` negative approach, Blokhin said.
"It`s nothing to be proud of. You saw yesterday (Thursday) how the Irish fans supported their team to the end of the match when they were thrashed by the Spaniards."
Ukraine has three points from two games and requires a win against England Tuesday to reach the knockout stages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader