Italy don`t fear anybody: Cassano
Warsaw: Antonio Cassano has voiced his delight with Italy`s qualification for the quarter-finals of Euro 2012, and added that the Azzurri are not afraid of any opponent.
The 2006 World Cup winners recorded a hard-fought 2-0 triumph over Republic of Ireland in their final Group C game to book their ticket for the last eight, and the AC Milan attacker was happy that his side had to work for the win.
"We don`t fear anyone. The important thing was to qualify, and now the knockout stages start and we are ready to face anybody," Cassano was quoted as saying on the official Uefa website.
"The tough victories are the best ones. The most important thing was to get through the group stage.
"I couldn`t wait for the final whistle in the other match [Croatia 0-1 Spain], but I was very happy when the game finally ended.
Italy will lock horns with the winner of Group D in their quarter-final clash on June 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?