Medvedev greets Russian football team
Moscow: Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev Saturday congratulated his country`s national football team on its victory over the Czech Republic in Group A at Euro 2012.
"The picture quality isn`t that good, but the score sure is. What a start!" Medvedev wrote in his Twitter microblog posting a link to a picture of a smiling Roman Pavlyuchenko.
Russia beat the Czech Republic 4-1 Friday. The team will play Poland June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez