Play on the counter: Fabregas’ tactical tips to Portugal
London: Cesc Fabregas, who is wary of Potugals’ threat, gave them some tactical tips about exactly what they should do to pull off a shock win over Spain in Euro 2012 semi-finals.
The world and European champions are favourites to win tomorrow’s semi-final showdown and go on to claim another piece of silverware.
“They play a different system from Real Madrid, but one of Portugal’s strengths is having Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani,” said the Spanish star.
“If I were the coach of Portugal, I would play on the counter. They can do much damage. But, surely, if we defend very well together, we will have a good game.”
Portugal midfielder Custodio admitted it won’t be a shock that they will largely rely on Ronaldo, who has scored three goals in the tournament, including the quarterfinal winner against Czech Republic, The Daily Star reports
He said: “We have no secret weapons, it is the same weapons that we have used in previous matches. And when we do not have the ball, we will fight to have it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards