Play on the counter: Fabregas’ tactical tips to Portugal
London: Cesc Fabregas, who is wary of Potugals’ threat, gave them some tactical tips about exactly what they should do to pull off a shock win over Spain in Euro 2012 semi-finals.
The world and European champions are favourites to win tomorrow’s semi-final showdown and go on to claim another piece of silverware.
“They play a different system from Real Madrid, but one of Portugal’s strengths is having Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani,” said the Spanish star.
“If I were the coach of Portugal, I would play on the counter. They can do much damage. But, surely, if we defend very well together, we will have a good game.”
Portugal midfielder Custodio admitted it won’t be a shock that they will largely rely on Ronaldo, who has scored three goals in the tournament, including the quarterfinal winner against Czech Republic, The Daily Star reports
He said: “We have no secret weapons, it is the same weapons that we have used in previous matches. And when we do not have the ball, we will fight to have it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS