Play on the counter: Fabregas’ tactical tips to Portugal
London: Cesc Fabregas, who is wary of Potugals’ threat, gave them some tactical tips about exactly what they should do to pull off a shock win over Spain in Euro 2012 semi-finals.
The world and European champions are favourites to win tomorrow’s semi-final showdown and go on to claim another piece of silverware.
“They play a different system from Real Madrid, but one of Portugal’s strengths is having Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani,” said the Spanish star.
“If I were the coach of Portugal, I would play on the counter. They can do much damage. But, surely, if we defend very well together, we will have a good game.”
Portugal midfielder Custodio admitted it won’t be a shock that they will largely rely on Ronaldo, who has scored three goals in the tournament, including the quarterfinal winner against Czech Republic, The Daily Star reports
He said: “We have no secret weapons, it is the same weapons that we have used in previous matches. And when we do not have the ball, we will fight to have it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant
- Is Sophie Choudry secretly engaged? Here's the truth
- 'Consumers likely to feel pinch as coal freight hike may force companies to shift burden'
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Indian daughters' endeavours in Rio; demands all-round focus in sports
- Major Dhyan Chand example of sportsman spirit, patriotism: PM Modi pays tribute to the hockey legend