Play on the counter: Fabregas’ tactical tips to Portugal
London: Cesc Fabregas, who is wary of Potugals’ threat, gave them some tactical tips about exactly what they should do to pull off a shock win over Spain in Euro 2012 semi-finals.
The world and European champions are favourites to win tomorrow’s semi-final showdown and go on to claim another piece of silverware.
“They play a different system from Real Madrid, but one of Portugal’s strengths is having Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani,” said the Spanish star.
“If I were the coach of Portugal, I would play on the counter. They can do much damage. But, surely, if we defend very well together, we will have a good game.”
Portugal midfielder Custodio admitted it won’t be a shock that they will largely rely on Ronaldo, who has scored three goals in the tournament, including the quarterfinal winner against Czech Republic, The Daily Star reports
He said: “We have no secret weapons, it is the same weapons that we have used in previous matches. And when we do not have the ball, we will fight to have it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj