Wayne Rooney turns to alcohol on US break after Euro disappointment
London: Wayne Rooney was spotted downing booze while taking a dip with wife Coleen on a three-week break in the US, after England were dumped out of the Euros by Italy.
The Man U ace was slammed by critics for being out of shape apparently, after two poor performances against Ukraine and Italy during the tournament.
Coleen, 26, looked tanned in a blue lizard print bikini with gold trim as she stepped out of the water in Hollywood, the Daily Star reported.
The England forward covered himself from the sun in a blue baseball cap as he propped himself up against the edge of the pool.
The pair also enjoyed a series of late-night drinks with US TV chat show host Piers Morgan at Soho House in West Hollywood.
The chat show host took to his Twitter account to reveal some of their conversation.
In a reference to his pledge to give a donation to charity if Rooney scored against Italy, he wrote: “Quote of the dinner [from Rooney]: ‘When I missed that bicycle kick v Italy, all I could think was: ‘Damn, that would have cost Morgan 3000 pounds’.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself