Wayne Rooney turns to alcohol on US break after Euro disappointment
London: Wayne Rooney was spotted downing booze while taking a dip with wife Coleen on a three-week break in the US, after England were dumped out of the Euros by Italy.
The Man U ace was slammed by critics for being out of shape apparently, after two poor performances against Ukraine and Italy during the tournament.
Coleen, 26, looked tanned in a blue lizard print bikini with gold trim as she stepped out of the water in Hollywood, the Daily Star reported.
The England forward covered himself from the sun in a blue baseball cap as he propped himself up against the edge of the pool.
The pair also enjoyed a series of late-night drinks with US TV chat show host Piers Morgan at Soho House in West Hollywood.
The chat show host took to his Twitter account to reveal some of their conversation.
In a reference to his pledge to give a donation to charity if Rooney scored against Italy, he wrote: “Quote of the dinner [from Rooney]: ‘When I missed that bicycle kick v Italy, all I could think was: ‘Damn, that would have cost Morgan 3000 pounds’.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened