Wayne Rooney turns to alcohol on US break after Euro disappointment
London: Wayne Rooney was spotted downing booze while taking a dip with wife Coleen on a three-week break in the US, after England were dumped out of the Euros by Italy.
The Man U ace was slammed by critics for being out of shape apparently, after two poor performances against Ukraine and Italy during the tournament.
Coleen, 26, looked tanned in a blue lizard print bikini with gold trim as she stepped out of the water in Hollywood, the Daily Star reported.
The England forward covered himself from the sun in a blue baseball cap as he propped himself up against the edge of the pool.
The pair also enjoyed a series of late-night drinks with US TV chat show host Piers Morgan at Soho House in West Hollywood.
The chat show host took to his Twitter account to reveal some of their conversation.
In a reference to his pledge to give a donation to charity if Rooney scored against Italy, he wrote: “Quote of the dinner [from Rooney]: ‘When I missed that bicycle kick v Italy, all I could think was: ‘Damn, that would have cost Morgan 3000 pounds’.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...