Europa League: Radamel Falcao inspires Atletico Madrid to glory
Bucharest: Colombian Radamel Falcao's brace gave Atletico Madrid its second Europa football League title in three seasons with a 3-0 victory over fellow Spanish team Athletic Bilbao.
Falcao opened the scoring seven minutes into the final Wednesday and then added a second in the 34th before Diego completed Atletico's win in the 85th.
Falcao topped the competition's scoring chart for the second straight year, and the Colombia striker now has 29 goals in 29 games over two seasons in the Europa League, reported Xinhua.
Atletico, which beat Fulham in the final two years ago, won its last 12 matches in this season's competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'