Everton accept New York Red Bulls offer for Tim Cahill
Liverpool: Everton have accepted a bid from New York Red Bulls for midfielder Tim Cahill according to the club`s official website.
The 32-year-old has been has been at Goodison Park since 2004, but will move to the Major League Soccer club after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The transfer fee is yet to be disclosed, but is reported to be worth £1 million, and with the player having been linked with a move away from the club this summer, the Red Bulls have fought off competition from the Middle East and China for the his signature.
Cahill has played 278 times for the Toffees since his move from Millwall in 2004, scoring 68 goals. The Australian international has also earned 55 caps, scoring 24 times for his country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra