Everton accept New York Red Bulls offer for Tim Cahill
Liverpool: Everton have accepted a bid from New York Red Bulls for midfielder Tim Cahill according to the club`s official website.
The 32-year-old has been has been at Goodison Park since 2004, but will move to the Major League Soccer club after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.
The transfer fee is yet to be disclosed, but is reported to be worth £1 million, and with the player having been linked with a move away from the club this summer, the Red Bulls have fought off competition from the Middle East and China for the his signature.
Cahill has played 278 times for the Toffees since his move from Millwall in 2004, scoring 68 goals. The Australian international has also earned 55 caps, scoring 24 times for his country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!