Feyenoord humiliated 10-0, Ronaldo marches on
London: Former European champions Feyenoord suffered their worst defeat ever with a 10-0 loss to Dutch league leaders PSV Eindhoven on Sunday.
Defending champions Chelsea kept their five-point lead at the top of the Premier League with an untroubled 2-0 victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers, while Cristiano Ronaldo struck four for Real Madrid.
Chelsea maintained their five-point lead in the Premier League through a regulation 2-0 home win over Wolverhampton Wanderers with their three main title rivals grouped on 17 points after Manchester City imploded.
City had defender Dedryck Boyata sent off after five minutes of their big home game against Arsenal and the Londoners took full advantage to win 3-0 through goals by Samir Nasri, Alex Song and Nicklas Bendtner.
Manchester United, with Wayne Rooney missing through injury on his 25th birthday, claimed their first away league win of the season when his replacement, Mexico striker Javier Hernandez, scored both goals in a 2-1 success at Stoke City.
Four goals from Cristiano Ronaldo in a 6-1 rout of Racing Santander at the Bernabeu on Saturday helped unbeaten Real Madrid stay top of La Liga with 20 points from eight games.
Jose Mourinho`s side have hit an awesome run of form in October and have now scored 18 goals in their last four matches in all competitions.
Villarreal are one point behind them in second place after a 2-0 victory at home to Atletico Madrid on Sunday, ahead of champions Barcelona on goal difference who beat Real Zaragoza 2-0 away with a double from Lionel Messi.
Leaders Lazio reached 19 points from eight games for the first time after a 2-1 win over Cagliari while second-placed Inter Milan needed Samuel Eto`o to score yet again to salvage a 1-1 draw at home to solid Sampdoria.
Lazio`s surprise advantage at the top is four points although AC Milan can cut that to two with a win at Napoli on Monday.
Juventus were held 0-0 at Bologna where Vincenzo Iaquinta missed a penalty after Milos Krasic dived, an offence admitted by his team mates which could now lead to a ban for the Serbia winger.
Surprise package Mainz 05 returned to the top of the table after beating hosts Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 with a 70th minute goal from substitute Andreas Ivanschitz to notch their eighth win in nine games.
They are now on 24 points, two ahead of Borussia Dortmund, who needed a stoppage-time equaliser from an Antonio da Silva free-kick to avoid defeat and earn a 1-1 draw with visitors Hoffenheim, who are in fourth place.
Didier Ya Konan struck twice to help Hanover 96 beat Cologne 2-1 and move up to third place while champions Bayern Munich escaped with a 0-0 draw at Hamburg SV to remain in 11th place on 12 points.
Olympique Marseille boosted their hopes of retaining the Ligue 1 title when they beat Lille 3-1 away on Sunday despite a poor first-half performance.
France striker Loic Remy struck twice and playmaker Lucho Gonzalez also scored after the break to send Marseille up to second, one point adrift of leaders Stade Rennes who conceded their first league defeat of the season in a 1-0 home reverse to Montpellier on Saturday.
St Etienne are third level on points with Marseille after drawing 1-1 at home with Caen.
Dutch leaders PSV Eindhoven inflicted the heaviest ever defeat on former European champions Feyenoord with a 10-0 drubbing at the Philips stadium on Sunday.
Brazilian Jonathan Reis hit a hat-trick with Ibrahim Afellay, Ola Toivonen, Jeremain Lens (2), Balazs Dzsudzsak (2) and Orlando Engelaar joining in the rout.
Champions Benfica beat Portimonense 1-0 away on Sunday thanks to a Javi Garcia goal. The Spanish midfielder headed in unchallenged from a Carlos Martins free-kick in the 49th minute.
The win puts Benfica four points behind unbeaten leaders Porto, who host Uniao de Leiria on Monday.
Braga beat Olhanense 3-1 at home and are joint third with Academica, who posted a 2-1 home win over Nacional.
In-form striker Kenny Miller scored twice as Rangers staged a stirring second-half fightback to beat Scottish Premier League rivals Celtic 3-1 on Sunday.
Rosenborg Trondheim secured the Norwegian title with two games to spare after a goal from Swedish striker Rade Prica earned them a 1-0 win over Tromso on a rainy night in Trondheim.
Olympiakos Piraeus opened up a four-point lead at the top of the Greek Super League on Sunday as rivals Panathinaikos slipped to their first defeat of the season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams