FIFA expert says Egypt riot stadium is safe venue
Lausanne (Switzerland): An international football stadium expert has praised the Egyptian venue where at least 74 people were killed in a riot yesterday, and suggests the violence was planned.
Walter Gagg told a news agency that the Port Said stadium is "a good one" and "absolutely not" a danger for spectators.
Gagg, a FIFA official and Confederation of African Football adviser, previously inspected the Port Said stadium that has hosted matches at the 2006 African Cup of Nations and the Under-20 World Cup in 2009.
Gagg suggests "there was premeditation for what happened" on Friday, adding that football authorities "can`t avoid a problem" if violence is organised around a match
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!