Former Brazil star Dida considers comeback
Rio de Janeiro: Retired former Brazil and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida could make a comeback to football after being offered a contract by local club Portuguesa.
The member of Brazil`s 2002 World Cup-winning squad has not played since ending his career with AC Milan in 2010.
Sao Paulo club Portuguesa, which has released incumbent keeper Weverton to rival Atletico-PR, met with the 38-year-old Monday in their bid to lure him out of retirement.
"The meeting was held to clear up some doubts. He knows he needs at least 15 days to be in good physical shape," Portuguesa`s football manager Candinho said.
Dida played 91 games for Brazil between 1995 and 2006. His 206-game career with AC Milan included Champions League triumphs in 2003 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you