Former Brazil star Dida considers comeback
Rio de Janeiro: Retired former Brazil and AC Milan goalkeeper Dida could make a comeback to football after being offered a contract by local club Portuguesa.
The member of Brazil`s 2002 World Cup-winning squad has not played since ending his career with AC Milan in 2010.
Sao Paulo club Portuguesa, which has released incumbent keeper Weverton to rival Atletico-PR, met with the 38-year-old Monday in their bid to lure him out of retirement.
"The meeting was held to clear up some doubts. He knows he needs at least 15 days to be in good physical shape," Portuguesa`s football manager Candinho said.
Dida played 91 games for Brazil between 1995 and 2006. His 206-game career with AC Milan included Champions League triumphs in 2003 and 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog