Former Chelsea boss Villas-Boas in talks with Sao Paulo
Rio de Janeiro: Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly in talks with Sao Paulo about a move to the Brazilian club.
The 34-year-old Portuguese met Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvencio during a visit to Brazil`s biggest city last month and said he would consider a deal at the end of the year.
It is understood Villas-Boas` preference is to take up a coaching position in Europe but in the event no offer is forthcoming he could accept the Brazilian offer.
Villas-Boas revealed in Sao Paulo that one of his career ambitions was to coach in South America.
"The only thing that I have as an ambition in my career is to work in diverse leagues," Villas-Boas said.
"Argentina and Brazil are different places and are not the normal destinations for a European coach. They provide a stimulating challenge that I hope to take on at some stage.
"When that might happen, I don`t know. But it would be a great pleasure to one day coach in those leagues."
Villas-Boas was sacked by Chelsea in March after just nine months in charge at the English Premier League club.
In 2010 he became the youngest manager ever to win a European competition by leading Porto to the UEFA Europa League title in addition to Portugal`s Primeira Liga and Copa Portuguesa.
Sao Paulo, currently coached by Emerson Leao, has just three points from its first three matches in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Zee Media Exclusive: BJP will do better than 2014 in 2019 General Elections, says Rajnath Singh
- French prosecutor considering Qatar 2022 World Cup investigation
- Japanese investors keen to invest in India's infra growth story: Arun Jaitley
- PM Narendra Modi's mother given Nari Jagran Samman 2016 award
- Haryana Jats to renew job quota protests from June 5