Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly wants to buy I-League team
Pune: After MS Dhoni, it is Sourav Ganguly who is creating a buzz in the Indian football circle. According to sources, the former India cricket captain is interested in owning an I-League team and is also keen to bid for the IMG-Reliance league franchise.
“The IMG-Reliance bidding is likely to be held in the last week of September in Mumbai. It will be good for the game if celebrities like Dhoni and Ganguly come forth in supporting the beautiful game,” said the source.
World’s top footballers - David Beckham, Michael Owen, Raul Gonzalez and Thierry Henry could be some of the big names in the proposed IPL-style football league. These players are reportedly working with IMG in different projects to promote the game.
Apart from the fellow cricketers, filmstars Shah Rukh Khan and John Abraham also desired to invest in the new football league promoted by All India Football Federation (AIFF) and IMG- Reliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal