Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly wants to buy I-League team
Pune: After MS Dhoni, it is Sourav Ganguly who is creating a buzz in the Indian football circle. According to sources, the former India cricket captain is interested in owning an I-League team and is also keen to bid for the IMG-Reliance league franchise.
“The IMG-Reliance bidding is likely to be held in the last week of September in Mumbai. It will be good for the game if celebrities like Dhoni and Ganguly come forth in supporting the beautiful game,” said the source.
World’s top footballers - David Beckham, Michael Owen, Raul Gonzalez and Thierry Henry could be some of the big names in the proposed IPL-style football league. These players are reportedly working with IMG in different projects to promote the game.
Apart from the fellow cricketers, filmstars Shah Rukh Khan and John Abraham also desired to invest in the new football league promoted by All India Football Federation (AIFF) and IMG- Reliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries
- WATCH: Horrifying brutality! Couple thrashed mercilessly by cops inside police station in Mumbai
- Aayush Sharma posts an adorable video of baby Ahil! Watch now