Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly wants to buy I-League team
Pune: After MS Dhoni, it is Sourav Ganguly who is creating a buzz in the Indian football circle. According to sources, the former India cricket captain is interested in owning an I-League team and is also keen to bid for the IMG-Reliance league franchise.
“The IMG-Reliance bidding is likely to be held in the last week of September in Mumbai. It will be good for the game if celebrities like Dhoni and Ganguly come forth in supporting the beautiful game,” said the source.
World’s top footballers - David Beckham, Michael Owen, Raul Gonzalez and Thierry Henry could be some of the big names in the proposed IPL-style football league. These players are reportedly working with IMG in different projects to promote the game.
Apart from the fellow cricketers, filmstars Shah Rukh Khan and John Abraham also desired to invest in the new football league promoted by All India Football Federation (AIFF) and IMG- Reliance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city