France are the team to beat: David Villa
Madrid: David Villa is expecting a tough encounter when Spain take on France in their World Cup qualification clash on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Barcelona man insists Didier Deschamps` side are "the team to beat" in the group, and is expecting Les Bleus to up their game when they face the reigning world and European champions.
Speaking at the launch of a new book to raise funds for the Hospital San Juan de Dios, Villa told reporters: “It`s a match between the two most important teams.
“France are the team to beat. We`ve started well with two wins, and it would be a big step to beat them. They`re a very powerful rival, with young players who are new to the national team and eager to prove themselves against Spain.”
Villa made a late appearance as a substitute in Spain`s 4-0 win over Belarus last Friday, and the striker revealed he feels ready to play regularly for his country again after recovering successfully from a broken leg.
“I feel good, I`ve been very happy during these months because I realise that I have been lucky," he continued. "I suffered a very serious injury, many would have had to end their careers. I succeeded after many hours of work and am lucky enough to be surrounded by the best.”
“I`m ready to play now, and I think everyone is with me in my club and the national team. Now I`m waiting for the decisions of my two coaches.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh
- READ: Virender Sehwag's important message to parents, students after CBSE class 12 results
- Hangul, the rare Kashmir deer, may soon go extinct
- Twitter war: Verbal duel between Smriti Irani and Congress' Priyanka Chaturvedi - Know what happened
- WATCH: DD vs RCB highlights - Virat Kohli steals show with match-winning knock