France are the team to beat: David Villa
Madrid: David Villa is expecting a tough encounter when Spain take on France in their World Cup qualification clash on Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Barcelona man insists Didier Deschamps` side are "the team to beat" in the group, and is expecting Les Bleus to up their game when they face the reigning world and European champions.
Speaking at the launch of a new book to raise funds for the Hospital San Juan de Dios, Villa told reporters: “It`s a match between the two most important teams.
“France are the team to beat. We`ve started well with two wins, and it would be a big step to beat them. They`re a very powerful rival, with young players who are new to the national team and eager to prove themselves against Spain.”
Villa made a late appearance as a substitute in Spain`s 4-0 win over Belarus last Friday, and the striker revealed he feels ready to play regularly for his country again after recovering successfully from a broken leg.
“I feel good, I`ve been very happy during these months because I realise that I have been lucky," he continued. "I suffered a very serious injury, many would have had to end their careers. I succeeded after many hours of work and am lucky enough to be surrounded by the best.”
“I`m ready to play now, and I think everyone is with me in my club and the national team. Now I`m waiting for the decisions of my two coaches.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi