Frank Lampard to leave Chelsea
Frank Lampard will leave Chelsea when his contract expires at the end of June, the England midfielder`s agent revealed on Monday.
Lampard had reportedly been offered a new deal on reduced terms by Chelsea, but the 35-year-old has opted to bring an end to his 13-year spell at Stamford Bridge.
The Chelsea midfielder is currently in Miami with the England World Cup squad and has been linked with a move to the newest MLS franchise New York City FC.
During his 13 years at Chelsea, the England international made 648 appearances and also became the club's all-time leading goalscorer with 211 goals, which is truly a remarkable achievement for a midfielder.
At Chelsea, Lampard won the three Premier League title, four FA Cups, two League Cups, one Europa Cup and one Champions League trophy. There is no confirmation on what Lampard intends to do next, but for now his sole aim would be to help England lift the World Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Earthquake shakes southern Mexico, felt in capital
- Turkey mends fences with Israel and Russia in foreign policy reset
- Roy Hodgson quits as England boss after Iceland humiliation
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host