Frank Lampard to leave Chelsea
Frank Lampard will leave Chelsea when his contract expires at the end of June, the England midfielder`s agent revealed on Monday.
Lampard had reportedly been offered a new deal on reduced terms by Chelsea, but the 35-year-old has opted to bring an end to his 13-year spell at Stamford Bridge.
The Chelsea midfielder is currently in Miami with the England World Cup squad and has been linked with a move to the newest MLS franchise New York City FC.
During his 13 years at Chelsea, the England international made 648 appearances and also became the club's all-time leading goalscorer with 211 goals, which is truly a remarkable achievement for a midfielder.
At Chelsea, Lampard won the three Premier League title, four FA Cups, two League Cups, one Europa Cup and one Champions League trophy. There is no confirmation on what Lampard intends to do next, but for now his sole aim would be to help England lift the World Cup in Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in