Frankfurt lose to Monchengladbach in Bundesliga
Berlin: Monchengladbach overcame Frankfurt 1-0 thanks to the winner by Luuk de Jong who brought a negative run of games to an end in the opener of the 24th round of the German Bundesliga.
Luuk de Jong`s winner against Frankfurt Friday gave Monchengladbach their first win in six matches.
Frankfurt controlled the proceedings for long periods but were unable to make use of their chances on home soil.
The victory put Monchengladbach in sixth position with 34 points which would ensure a second season in the UEFA Europa League. Meanwhile, Frankfurt are in fourth position with 38 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Alia Bhatt new BFFs in B-Town? Here's why
- UK markets plunge, sterling eyes biggest ever fall, as EU vote in balance
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha