Frankfurt lose to Monchengladbach in Bundesliga
Berlin: Monchengladbach overcame Frankfurt 1-0 thanks to the winner by Luuk de Jong who brought a negative run of games to an end in the opener of the 24th round of the German Bundesliga.
Luuk de Jong`s winner against Frankfurt Friday gave Monchengladbach their first win in six matches.
Frankfurt controlled the proceedings for long periods but were unable to make use of their chances on home soil.
The victory put Monchengladbach in sixth position with 34 points which would ensure a second season in the UEFA Europa League. Meanwhile, Frankfurt are in fourth position with 38 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls