Frankfurt lose to Monchengladbach in Bundesliga
Berlin: Monchengladbach overcame Frankfurt 1-0 thanks to the winner by Luuk de Jong who brought a negative run of games to an end in the opener of the 24th round of the German Bundesliga.
Luuk de Jong`s winner against Frankfurt Friday gave Monchengladbach their first win in six matches.
Frankfurt controlled the proceedings for long periods but were unable to make use of their chances on home soil.
The victory put Monchengladbach in sixth position with 34 points which would ensure a second season in the UEFA Europa League. Meanwhile, Frankfurt are in fourth position with 38 points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know