Frankfurt lose to Monchengladbach in Bundesliga
Berlin: Monchengladbach overcame Frankfurt 1-0 thanks to the winner by Luuk de Jong who brought a negative run of games to an end in the opener of the 24th round of the German Bundesliga.
Luuk de Jong`s winner against Frankfurt Friday gave Monchengladbach their first win in six matches.
Frankfurt controlled the proceedings for long periods but were unable to make use of their chances on home soil.
The victory put Monchengladbach in sixth position with 34 points which would ensure a second season in the UEFA Europa League. Meanwhile, Frankfurt are in fourth position with 38 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why
- Naming of new RBI chief shows Modi government regains composure after Rajan shock
- JNU PhD student drugged, raped by AISA activist in hostel room? Know details of complaint
- Gold price hits 2-week low on US rate hike prospects