Gerrard must quit Liverpool to win more silverware, says Ibrahimovic
Paris: Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has urged Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard to quit his club in a bid to win major trophies before he retires from professional football.
The Paris Saint-Germain star thinks that the 32-year-old - who is due to win his 100th cap for the Three Lions against the Scandinavians on Wednesday - could still win major competitions, but would have to leave the club he has spent his whole playing career with in a bid to add to his trophy cabinet.
"Every time we play against Steven, the coach always says to be careful because he is the player that makes the difference," Ibrahimovic told reporters.
"But I would like to see Steven in - of course, Liverpool is a big club - but in a big international club.”
"I would like to see it also for England, because it is very exciting when someone goes abroad and shows who he is in another competition."
The Anfield legend played his 600th game for the Reds against Chelsea last weekend and has won a vast array of silverware, including two FA Cup titles, the UEFA Cup in 2001 and the Champions League, as Liverpool captain, in 2005.
"For me, a fantastic player can make a difference in every country wherever he plays," Ibrahimovic continued.
"I’m pretty sure that Steven would do that. He is playing in one of the best leagues in the world. He’s a fantastic player."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened