Ghana players arrive for Egypt WC play-off
Accra: Players of Ghana`s Black Stars have arrived and prepared for the Brazil 2014 FIFA World Cup play-off against Egypt to be held Oct 15.
Four players, including skipper Asamoah Gyan, arrived Sunday night to begin preparations ahead of the game at the Baba Yara Sports Stadium in Kumasi, Ghana`s second largest commercial city, 270 km north of the capital.
The majority of the players were expected to arrive late Monday after playing for their respective clubs in Europe.
The Black Stars will have its first training at the Accra Sports Stadium Tuesday morning before departing to Kumasi Wednesday afternoon to fine-tune ahead of the crucial encounter.
The team will play lower division side Deportivo in a friendly on Friday ahead of the 2014 World Cup play-off.
The second leg will be played on November 19 at the Air Defence Stadium in Cairo.
The aggregate winner of the two-leg ties qualifies for the finals in Brazil next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof