Guardiola ponders No.10 role for Ribery
Berlin: Franck Ribery has claimed he has been asked to play as a No.10 under Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich next season.
The France star was sensational for the European champions last season, scoring 13 times and notching 27 assists from the left wing as Bayern romped to an historic treble triumph.
However, the 30-year-old has revealed he could be shifted to a more central role under Guardiola next season as the Spanish coach considers tactical changes to Jupp Heynckes` blueprint.
“He asked me which position I prefer to play and if I could possibly play on the 10,” RIbery told L’Equipe.
“I answered that I am flexible on the offensive. He has many ideas.”
Guardiola made an instant impression in his opening press conference as Bayern coach, admitting he had been tempted to join the club by its illustrious history and exceptional current playing squad, and Ribery admitted it was a pleasure to hear the former Barcelona man speak in such glowing terms.
“That was great,” he added. “You feel immediately what he wants to do. He will make us even better.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event