Hamburg edge Stuttgart 1-0 in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Artjoms Rudenevs secured Hamburg a 1-0 win over struggling Stuttgart while Hannover and Frankfurt shared points after a goalless draw to close the 25th round of the German Bundesliga.
Stuttgart find themselves in a free fall as they dropped 11th to 14th position after suffering the 12th loss following their defeat to Hamburg on home soil. The "Rothosen" moved from 7th to 6th position Sunday to raise hopes on a Europa League spot.
The match itself was unspectacular with the first half ending goalless.
From the beginning of the second half Stuttgart approached Hamburg`s goal dangerously but goalkeeper Adler had to make a save on Serdar Tasci`s header.
However, it was Hamburg who made the breakthrough as Dennis Diekmeier’s cross from the right wing into the centre of the box found Rudnevs, who beat Sven Ulreich with a hammering volley from 13 metres to grab the lead.
Stuttgart nearly responded to the deficit, but Vedad Ibisevic was unable to beat Adler by a header from very close range at the 69th minute.
Elsewhere, Hannover shared points with Frankfurt following a goalless draw over ninety minutes. Frankfurt struggled have now failed to score in 504 minutes, slipping out of a Champions League spot on 5th position, meanwhile Hannover stay on 10th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read