Hamburg fire coach Veh after six-goal rout
Berlin: Hamburg SV coach Armin Veh, who announced last Tuesday he would leave the club at the end of the season, was fired on Sunday following the 6-0 Bundesliga defeat at Bayern Munich.
"After he made it known he would leave at the end of the season and, with the impression left by the last two games, we decided to make the cut now and part company with Armin Veh," Hamburg director Bastian Reinhardt told the club website.
Veh, 50, who won the Bundesliga with VfB Stuttgart in 2007, had been in charge of the team for eight months, having taking over at the start of the season.
Last season, he was fired by VfL Wolfsburg after only five months at the club.
The club said assistant coach Michael Oenning would take charge for the remainder of the season, becoming the club`s sixth coach in the last four years.
Hamburg are eighth in the Bundesliga but their chances of a place in Europe have suffered in the last week, with a 4-2 home defeat by Mainz preceding Saturday`s debacle.
It was a case of deja vu for the club who sacked Bruno Labbadia near the end of last season following a similar heavy defeat, 5-1 against Hoffenheim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’