Hamburg`s Rafael van der Vaart suffers ligament injury
Berlin: Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart suffered a ligament injury in Netherlands` friendly against Colombia, Hamburg said in an official press release.
Van der Vaart humbled from the pitch in the Amsterdam Arena after he was fouled by Colombia`s Abel Aguillar and was substituted in the first half of the game Tuesday.
Hamburg`s team physician Philip Catala-Lehnen diagnosed a tear in Van der Vaart`s right ankle. Thus, the "HSV" playmaker will be out of action for some time.
"Of course he will be sorely missed. He has been playing well over recent weeks and is an integral part of our team. It is not yet known how long he will be out of action," Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutzer said.
Hamburg holds 14th place in the Bundesliga standings just four points away from the drop zone. However, they will face 12th placed Hannover at the 13 round for the Northern derby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire