Hamburg`s Rafael van der Vaart suffers ligament injury
Berlin: Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart suffered a ligament injury in Netherlands` friendly against Colombia, Hamburg said in an official press release.
Van der Vaart humbled from the pitch in the Amsterdam Arena after he was fouled by Colombia`s Abel Aguillar and was substituted in the first half of the game Tuesday.
Hamburg`s team physician Philip Catala-Lehnen diagnosed a tear in Van der Vaart`s right ankle. Thus, the "HSV" playmaker will be out of action for some time.
"Of course he will be sorely missed. He has been playing well over recent weeks and is an integral part of our team. It is not yet known how long he will be out of action," Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutzer said.
Hamburg holds 14th place in the Bundesliga standings just four points away from the drop zone. However, they will face 12th placed Hannover at the 13 round for the Northern derby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment