Hamburg`s Rafael van der Vaart suffers ligament injury
Berlin: Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart suffered a ligament injury in Netherlands` friendly against Colombia, Hamburg said in an official press release.
Van der Vaart humbled from the pitch in the Amsterdam Arena after he was fouled by Colombia`s Abel Aguillar and was substituted in the first half of the game Tuesday.
Hamburg`s team physician Philip Catala-Lehnen diagnosed a tear in Van der Vaart`s right ankle. Thus, the "HSV" playmaker will be out of action for some time.
"Of course he will be sorely missed. He has been playing well over recent weeks and is an integral part of our team. It is not yet known how long he will be out of action," Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutzer said.
Hamburg holds 14th place in the Bundesliga standings just four points away from the drop zone. However, they will face 12th placed Hannover at the 13 round for the Northern derby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report