Hamburg`s Rafael van der Vaart suffers ligament injury
Berlin: Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart suffered a ligament injury in Netherlands` friendly against Colombia, Hamburg said in an official press release.
Van der Vaart humbled from the pitch in the Amsterdam Arena after he was fouled by Colombia`s Abel Aguillar and was substituted in the first half of the game Tuesday.
Hamburg`s team physician Philip Catala-Lehnen diagnosed a tear in Van der Vaart`s right ankle. Thus, the "HSV" playmaker will be out of action for some time.
"Of course he will be sorely missed. He has been playing well over recent weeks and is an integral part of our team. It is not yet known how long he will be out of action," Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutzer said.
Hamburg holds 14th place in the Bundesliga standings just four points away from the drop zone. However, they will face 12th placed Hannover at the 13 round for the Northern derby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends