Hamburg`s Rafael van der Vaart suffers ligament injury
Berlin: Dutch international Rafael Van der Vaart suffered a ligament injury in Netherlands` friendly against Colombia, Hamburg said in an official press release.
Van der Vaart humbled from the pitch in the Amsterdam Arena after he was fouled by Colombia`s Abel Aguillar and was substituted in the first half of the game Tuesday.
Hamburg`s team physician Philip Catala-Lehnen diagnosed a tear in Van der Vaart`s right ankle. Thus, the "HSV" playmaker will be out of action for some time.
"Of course he will be sorely missed. He has been playing well over recent weeks and is an integral part of our team. It is not yet known how long he will be out of action," Hamburg sporting director Oliver Kreutzer said.
Hamburg holds 14th place in the Bundesliga standings just four points away from the drop zone. However, they will face 12th placed Hannover at the 13 round for the Northern derby.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre