Hamburg sign Kreuzer as director of sport
Berlin: Former Karlsruhe director of football Oliver Kreuzer joined Hamburg as director of sports on a three-year deal.
Kreuzer is the successor of Frank Arnesen, who was sacked weeks ago, as Karlsruhe accepted Hamburg`s offer to release the 47-year-old from his contract Sunday.
"Oliver Kreuzer was our desired candidate. He is the best solution for the club in our current situation," Hamburg`s board member Manfred Ertel said.
Kreuzer will come on duty June 11 as he put pen to paper for a contract till 2016.
The former Bundesliga defender started his career in Karlsruhe where he scored eight goals in 182 matches. Thereafter, he joined Bayern Munich to score eight times in 150 appearances.
Hamburg will be absent from international competitions as the "Rothosen" were only able to grab seventh in the standings, which was not enough for European championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says